Prof. Hyunjoo Lee
"Heterogeneous Atomic Catalysts Overcoming the Limitations of Single-Atom Catalysts"
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
Dr. Hyunjoo Lee is Full Professor in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea. She obtained her Ph.D. degree from the California Institute of Technology, USA, in 2005 and performed post-doctoral research at the University of California, Berkeley, USA. She started her independent research in 2007 at Yonsei University, South Korea, and moved to KAIST in 2014. Her research is focused on heterogeneous catalysts for exhaust treatment, methane coupling, fuel cells, and electrolysis. She has studied shape-controlled nanoparticle catalysts and fully dispersed catalysts, including single-atom catalysts. She is serving as an associate editor for JACS Au.
- J. Choi, Y. J. Lee, D. Park, H. Jeong, S. Shin, H. Yun, J. Lim, J. Han, E. J. Kim, S. S. Jeon, Y. Jung, H. Lee*, and B. J. Kim*, Highly Durable Fuel Cell Catalysts Using Crosslinkable Block Copolymer-Based Carbon Supports with Ultralow Pt Loadings, Energ. Environ. Sci., 13, 4921-4929 (2020), Back Outside Cover
- H. Jeong, O. Kwon, B.-S. Kim, J. Bae, S. Shin, H.-E. Kim, J. Kim, H. Lee*, Highly Durable Metal Ensemble Catalysts with Full Dispersion for Automotive Applications beyond Single Atom Catalysts, Nature Catalysis, 3, 368–375 (2020)
- H. Jeong, G. Lee, B.-S. Kim, J. Bae, J. W. Han, H. Lee*, Fully Dispersed Rh Ensemble Catalyst to Enhance Low-Temperature Activity, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 140(30), 9558-9565 (2018) Selected as Supplementary Cover Image
- Y. Kwon, T. Y. Kim, G. Kwon, J. Yi*, H. Lee*, Selective Activation of Methane on Single-Atom Catalyst of Rhodium Dispersed on Zirconia for Direct Conversion, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 139(48), 17694-17699 (2017)
- S. Yang, J. Kim, Y. J. Tak, A. Soon, H. Lee*, Single-Atom Catalyst of Platinum Supported on Titanium Nitride for Selective Electrochemical Reactions, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 55(6), 2058-2062 (2016) Selected as HOT PAPER